Math and Music Project
With your table members, put together a google slideshow of how math is applied to music. Work together! Someone has to take the initiative to get the group organized. There are so many directions you can go with this topic. Do research on youtube and google. You need to include how trigonometric functions and frequency apply to music in your presentation Presentations should be about 5-10 minutes long. If you play an instrument, bring it to your presentation and demonstrate how math is applied. You could also use the Garage Band app if you like. Where headphones if you are playing videos or using garage band on your iPad. Garage band can be a distraction, so get your slides done first. Have fun! Your grade will be determined by the content of your presentation and how well you present it. Make sure to utilize the presentation tips below.
Day 1: Work on project with group
Day 2: Work on Project with group
Day 3: Presentations
1) If doing a google slidshow, make the font size big and bold. What can be easy to read off of an iPad can be difficult to read when it is projected.
2) Don’t read straight off of the slides. You should already know what information is on the slide being shown and be able to summarize it. You could use flash cards or another iPad which will allow to face your audience as you speak. Speak loud and clear.
3) Each slide should not be text heavy. Keep everything short and sweet.
4) Make sure you are not blocking the audience from being able to see the presentation.
5) One person should control slide switching
6) Make sure that if you have a video clip to show that it works prior to the presentation.
7) Practice your presentation before you present. Do a mock presentation prior.
8) While speaking scan the room and make eye contact with audience members.
9) Don’t use words such as “like”, “stuff””, “uhhh”, and “ummmm.”
10) Make sure you know how to pronounce all words used on your slides.
11) Be professional, show enthusiasm, and don’t laugh at your group members or yourself while presenting.
12) Be organized.
13) The audience won't take your serious unless you are serious about your presentation.
14) Ask the audience if they have any questions at the end of the presentation.