Make a Change Project
Now that you have a greater awareness of what changes need to be made in our world, let's see what it takes to make one.
Choose an item at this school that creates waste and attempt to get the school or even better, the whole district, to use an environmentally friendly alternative. This project is about creating a real positive change. The greater the effort, the greater the potential of making a change happen. Throughout history change has taken place by ordinary people who decided to take a stand and relentlessly pursue making their vision a reality. What will you need to do to convince those who have the purchasing power to change?
Basic Objectives to Complete:
1. Making Decisions Pick an item
2. Data Collection Start collecting data. How many of the particular item you chose is being used in a day, month, and year?
3. Money How much is the school or district paying for the item?
4. Communication Talk to people involved in the hand out of and purchasing of your item.
5. Research Find green alternatives
6. Percentages How can the green alternative be more cost effective? Determine the percentage in savings short and/or long term.
7. Statistics Create tables, charts, and or graphs using the data you collect.
8. Collaboration Create a google doc to compile the information you gather.
9. Public Speaking Create a google slide for your presentation.
10. Team Member Roles Assign tasks to group members.
Your goal is to get the school or community to discontinue the use of this disposable item. Let the questions begin!