Make a Change Project
Determine something at the school you would like to change with your group. Examples include stopping plastic waste, allowing digital flashcards to be used, stopping the use of pesticides, or creating a school garden. There are so many options. Depending on the quality of your work, you may present it to a department, the administration, or the school district. This project is about creating a real positive change. The greater the effort, the greater the potential of making a change happen. Throughout history change has taken place by ordinary people who decided to take a stand and relentlessly pursue making their vision a reality. What will you need to do to convince those who have power to make change?
Basic Objectives to Complete:
1. Making Decisions Pick what you want to change.
2. Data Collection Start collecting data.
3. Money What is the cost?
4. Communication Talk to people.
5. Research So much information is at your fingertips. Collect data through surveys. After educating others, how many support your goal.
6. Percentages the fundamental skill of calculating percentages must be applied.
7. Statistics Create tables, charts, and or graphs using the data you collect.
8. Collaboration Create a google doc to compile the information you gather.
9. Public Speaking Create a google slide for your presentation.
10. Team Member Roles Assign tasks to group members.